Saturday, October 21, 2006

By George I think we may have it!

Well I think we may have stumbled onto the secret of getting Jacob to sleep. Since Thursday, I have been giving him his milk and then putting him down to nap/sleep while he is awake and then putting a pillow on the floor and laying in his room until he nods off. Sometimes it involves some crying, other times it involves alot of him playing with toys, acting like a chimpanzee and other times it involves him holding my finger until he has gotten comfy. Last night he slept from just before 9 until 6:30am and then he fell asleep again after I fed him until 8am. Of course today he wouldn't nap in the morning (he found his toys more entertaining) so i dragged him with me to buy a TV (ya that was fun!). He did manage to fall asleep on the way home and missed having his lunch but I guess he has decided that maybe one nap a day is all he wants.


Yesterday we went down to the school near us and played in some leaves. Of course I had to pile them up so I could take some pictures and so Jacob could taste test them. Today he gets to come up to the property and help us burn all the grass, thistles and blackberries that Steve has been busy cutting down. One day when he's bigger he will get to help his daddy do all the yard work.

2 comments:

Butchess said...

the leaf is as big as he is!! so cute!!

Amy said...

Good sleeping Jacob! Cute pictures too!