I think we may finally have the sleeping through the night issue resolved. For the last couple weeks, Jacob has been doing great with the sleeping. He has been sleeping through from about 7:30-8pm to around 7am and he's been going to bed without crying. He is usually so tired that he goes to sleep fairly quickly but sometimes he lays in his bed and plays, pulls his clothes off (if they are not attached by zipper or buttons), throws some or all of his soothers out of the bed or the new one is learning to climb the crib rails. He is also usually in a good mood when he wakes up and will sometimes play in his crib before he lets us know that he wants to be up.
Now all I have to do is get him used to his playpen so that he will sleep in it when he goes to his grandparents for babysitting and for when Steve and I go away. I think though that as long as we bring his nice comfy bedding that he should be okay.
I'm really happy about this as I was despairing that he would be one of those kids that decided he didn't want to sleep through the night until he was 5 and then I would have to have the Super Nanny come and give me heck for doing something wrong. Now all I have to do is learn to sleep through the night myself and life will be peaceful.
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That is awesome! Yay! Way to go Jacob!
Yay! I bet you feel like a new Women! I think having super nanny might be kinda fun though!
Yay! Now what's your secret!?!?!?! I think Charlie's teething again...so we're back on to the sleepless nights...and not wanting to go to sleep...until 10!!!!
Nice job, Jacob! I remember the days when Keira slept exactly like that...sadly no more...stupid teeth! Can we swap babies please?
Post a Comment