Jacob didn't really care too much for eating his lunch today so I decided that since I was having no luck getting it into his mouth that he could do it himself. This is what happens when your child doesn't like what is being served! I think he won!
I have tried to let Owen do this with his food 3 or 4 times now, with the last attempt being dinner last night. And Owen refused to get dirty. Which, on one hand, I am grateful for.
I made him refreid beans with avacado's. He had never had refried beans before. SO once he decided he didn't want to eat them the conventional way, I thought maybe he'd like to feed himself, or play with the food. So I let him. And he didn't do anything. So then I tried to help him by putting his fingers in the food. All he did was hold his hand out to my with this look in his face and while. It's like he was saying "Ak! I'm dirty - hurry - get it off! Get it off!"
I'm officially on my way now. This September I get to start kindergarten so my parents have been helping me get ready to conquer school. There are a few things that need to be mastered before I set foot on the hallowed grounds of higher learning.
1) need to have the wiping the bum part down pat so that I don't have crusty underwear!
2) need to learn to eat the healthy portion of my lunch before the yummy portions
3) need to start getting dressed before i come downstairs demanding to watch TV
4) need to start going to bed earlier so that i will wake up in time to start school
5) need to spell my whole name, know my phone numbers, tie my shoes and do up buttons, zippers and buckles.
6) need to learn how not to get frustrated while doing all the above because I am learning all the above and learning involves mistakes along the way!
So as I imbark on my last year of no responsibilities other than to enjoy being 5, I have my one motto - Enjoy everything I do, and have fun
3 comments:
ha ha ha!!! those pictures are fantastic!!
too cute!
I have tried to let Owen do this with his food 3 or 4 times now, with the last attempt being dinner last night. And Owen refused to get dirty. Which, on one hand, I am grateful for.
I made him refreid beans with avacado's. He had never had refried beans before. SO once he decided he didn't want to eat them the conventional way, I thought maybe he'd like to feed himself, or play with the food. So I let him. And he didn't do anything. So then I tried to help him by putting his fingers in the food. All he did was hold his hand out to my with this look in his face and while. It's like he was saying "Ak! I'm dirty - hurry - get it off! Get it off!"
Post a Comment