Wednesday, January 03, 2007

I've been given the cold shoulder!

So today was my second day back at work and I come home to find out that for both of those days Jacob has done very well and has pretty much had a fun time. Yesterday my mum and my neice babysat him and today Steve's mum. Both mornings he has woken up before I had to leave at 7:45, so I have had a chance to go in and play peek-a-boo when he wakes. Of course both morning I have cried on the way out of the house and this morning I blubbered in front of him so maybe that is why! I got home and Jacob was sleeping and didn't wake up till 6 so i go to get him and he is not interested in playing with me and actually cries when I try to change him. Then we go downstairs where Steve is making dinner and the little turd crawls all over his daddy's feet and won't give me the time of day. I even pretend to lay on the floor and cry and he just lays on the floor and smirks at me. I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE COLD SHOULDER AND IT'S ONLY BEEN TWO DAYS!!!!!
Sure I have pictures all over my computer at work so that I can see my baby all the time and he had a great time with his Grandma's and then gives me attitude. This is my punishment and I'm sure to expect more from the little turkey as the years go on. What fun!!!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You poor thing! I'm sure he'll be fine once he gets into the swing if things and realises that you are only away for a few days a week.

Anonymous said...

Oh Karen...that sounds painful! I hope he adjusts to the transition well---kids are very resilient and thrive despite new situations. I hope it goes better for you too as your identity expands to be both working woman and mom!

Amy said...

What a cheeky little monkey!

Butchess said...

oh no karen!! i'm sure he'll get used to things...
funny, dads can go away every day no problem - moms go away hardly ever and they get the cold shoulder...i guess you should take it as a complement!
(that little monkey...)