Thursday, January 11, 2007

My first year in retrospect - Part One

Today is my First Birthday and look how much I have grown.


I have had a very exciting year and have sure done and learned a lot of fun things.
To start with I was born on January 11, 2006 at 5:33pm. I was suppossed to be born earlier but I didn't want to come out of my nice warm home. Finally with some coaxing I popped right out and got to meet my mummy and daddy for the first time.
Then not too long afterwards I got to experience my first snowfall (I didn't care for it too much but look how much i like it now).

I gave mummy and daddy a pretty hard time because I liked to be held a lot and finally I learned to sleep through the night when i was 9 months old

When I was 4 1/2 months old I started to learn to eat solid foods and then over the next couple months I grew 7 teeth so now I brush them every day.

I have been very busy and here are some of my other milestones-

I gave a great big smile to my mummy and daddy when I was 5 weeks old. I learned that my hands were a great thing to put into my mouth at 3 months and that they can also be used to pick up things. At 5 months I learned that my feet were way more tastier than my hands. In April I showed how well I can laugh with a great big belly laugh. When I was 6 months old I amazed my parents with how well I can roll around (and right off a bed!). By August I was crawling around and getting into things like the cat's dishes. Then to make things harder for the parents I decided that I should learn to stand up (which I got so good at that i could even dance). I had my parents convinced that I would walk before I was 10 months old but I held out till the day after I turned 10 months. Now I am a holy terror on two feet. I learned that I can make mummy cry when I said "mumma" in October and by December I made daddy proud when I called his name. I have learned the stairs are fun to climb up, the crib is fun to try to climb out of, the highchair was a cinch to climb out of and the cats are fun to chase around and bodyslam when I catch them. I've learned that I don't like needles and that sometimes hospitals can be fun when they let you run around and not put masks over your face or things up your nose. I learned that no matter what I do and especially when I say things that I can make my parents smile and that they love me unconditionaly. I can't wait to keep on learning new things and getting bigger.

3 comments:

Butchess said...

sounds like an amazing year for all of you!! HAPPY BIRHDAY JACOB!!!! can't wait to see what you can do in the next year!
:)

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!!!!!! loads of love and snugs from us!

(How does it feel to finally have reached single digits?)

Amy said...

Oh karen, that is so beautiful! My eyes are welling up! Happy Birthday Jacob!