Sunday, April 15, 2007

Vancouver Sun Run - Completed!

This morning started off different from any other that I have had so far. Mummy and daddy whisked me out of my cozy slumber at 5:45am and bundled me into the car for a short car trip to Mission where we took an even more exciting trip. My first TRAIN RIDE! We met up with some of daddy's friends and took the train past water, towns, other trains, boats and wood piles and finally stopped at our destination- Waterfront Station on route to the Vancouver Sun Run. When we got off the train there was a trillion people (okay there was actually only 54,000). Mummy and daddy told me that we were going to go for a very long walk with all these people and see all sorts of different sites and hear alot of music. That sounded fun but then we got stuck in a big jam of people and had to wait like forever. Mummy was worried that someone was going to walk over my stroller where I was sitting so she lifted me up to her shoulder and wow there were balloons everywhere (oh ya and tons and tons of people). When we finally got to move we had to wait in with another bunch of people for our turn to start walking (I'm not really sure why you have to wait to walk cause it's not like we couldn't use our legs).
So all this waiting around really tired me out so apparentally by the time that we actually started the walking part I had fallen asleep and missed the excitement of walking past the starting line. Mummy and daddy were enjoying the walk and when i woke up around 4km into the walk I got to enjoy all the noise and people around me. I saw people wearing tires on their backs, other mummys and daddys pushing two babies in one stroller and lots of colourful shirts.
I also got to eat on the stroll. Mummy had this technique where she would plop food onto my tray without stopping. She even managed to clean my sticky hands and face. Then when we wanted to go faster, mummy would walk in front of the other people to slow them down so daddy could zip me and him past all the slowpokes. It was very fun.




After an hour and 35minutes we made it to the finish line and daddy ran ahead to catch this picture of mummy and me


So there you have it, I have officially competed in my first ever marathon (and so did mummy and daddy). I think I might be able to take on a biathalon next!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! i am seriously impressed, buddy! and well done to your mummy & daddy, too.

any blisters?

sheri hall said...

way to go guys, Jacob you must of been one of the smallest sun runners there...

Butchess said...

hey - good job jacob!! you look very fresh crossing the finish line! and tell your mommy and daddy good job too!!!

Heather said...

Good job Jacob!! I'm so impressed that you've included physical activity into your weekend. It is as they say a lifestyle choice!