Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Catching up

So I am working on getting internet but i need to get Steve past the price shock so hopefully by the end of the month I can gently push him into getting the dish installed. In the mean time i have been able to borrow my mum's computer and now that i have a flashcard I can post some pictures too.

We have really been enjoying the snow the last little while and have become quite good at making snowmen and tobagganing down our driveway. We manage to keep our snow a little longer than everyone else which suits me fine as I really like it.


Jacob really enjoys playing in the snow and likes to take his tractors and buckets out to play. He has also developed a real liking to eating the snow and we can usually find him with his face planted in a snowpile licking it. This licking has also transferred to inside where he will lick furniture, the floor or whatever suits his mood. The other day while I ran upstairs to quickly vacuum the landing I came back downstairs 5 min. later to discover my son hiding behind the counter with a frozen block of butter that he had taken from the fridge freezer, unwrapped and was in the process of eating it. When i caught him he smiled and said "Eating it". Yup the days of being able to leave him in a room unsupervised for even a minute are gone as he has learned to entertain himself in the most interesting ways. Mind you we can't leave him in the room with us either while we are making dinner as he has learned to hide behind the couch and get into trouble.


I must say that I was hoping that I would have a smart child but some days he is smarter than even I had hoped

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the photo on the tyre (tire?) swing! (I'm a fan of alternative perpectives!!)

Butchess said...

i'm thinking all the smartness will pay off one of these days...
hey - great snowmen!