Thursday, August 14, 2008

Camping adventure


So last Saturday, mummy, daddy and I packed up the truck and headed up to Jones Lake to take in the experience of camping. Of course Mummy and daddy have done this before but not with me so they wanted to see if I liked it. The weather didn't want to cooperate very well and so I got to find out what it's like to camp in the rain.

We headed up with my aunt and uncle and cousins and halfway up we stopped (I was asleep by then) to cut some firewood cause we were going to need lots to help stay dry. Uncle Pete brought his chainsaw but it didn't seem to want to run very well so after awhile, mummy, auntie Leasa, Meagen and I headed up to scout out a good campsite. They just started to set up the tent when I woke up so Meagen and I sat in the car and watched while they got wet. Then we headed back down to see how the guys were coming with the wood. Finally we got back to camp, missed having lunch and so we had to work on getting a fire ready for dinner. After we got the big tarps up and the fire going we had a great time. I especially liked the camper that my aunt and uncle brought. I played in there practicing my cooking, make-up application and pillow tossing. I also went for lots of walks, roasted marshmellows (though I prefer them uncooked), played with my trucks, pushed a doll cariage with a beer can in it, did a little pole dancing and I pee'd outdoors.
I got to sleep in my first tent with my brand new sleeping bag (of course mummy wasn't very comfortable cause I kicked her off the air mattress and she had to sleep on the floor). I got to run around, stay up late and eat food off of sticks. I think I like this camping experience and I have been promised that next year we will venture out more to enjoy more of this fun.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

camping rocks!

sheri hall said...

Nice Hat Buddy and cool boots too Camping in the rain rocks... but it looks like you had shelter so youre good.

Karen said...

Rain or shine - as long as there's marshmellows it's all good!