Friday, April 10, 2009

A Bicycle built for one

So yesterday was a really good day. I went to swimming lessons and listened really well and then afterwards mummy and I stayed to swim. I showed mummy how well I can jump into the water, how I can float on my tummy with my head in the water and I even showed her how i can swim underwater. Yup it was my first time where I actually swam by kicking my feet and arms and my head was under the water for a really long time. I think I'm getting really good at this swimming stuff.


After swimming we had a few errands to run cause this weekend is Easter so we went to get some flowers and such. I was pretty good in the flower store and mummy only had to threaten to leave me just once (I wanted to be a train on the tracks). Then mummy told me that we were going to look for a treat at another store, I got really excited but she wouldn't tell me what it was. On the way to the other store I fell asleep so when we got to where the treat was I was asleep and mummy had to carry me in. I only woke up when she said "Jacob wake up and try out these bikes to see which one fits you", and when I opened my eyes I was surrounded by lots of bikes. I tried 3 different sizes and the man said the bigger one was just the right size for me. I got to choose between a green bike and a red one and I picked the bright red one and then mummy let me pick a red "Cadana Flag" bell and some spoke balls.


I got to ride my new bike at Nona's house on the patio and impressed her and mummy with how well I can ride. My bike has 4 wheels and I can stop by pushing my pedals back. It's just like mummy and daddys bikes and mummy told me that when we go for rides that I can now pedal my own bike. I can't wait to hit the open trails!

2 comments:

Butchess said...

that's a great bike jacob! you look like such a big kid!

sheri hall said...

Jacob you seem to be a natural at everything- well skating...swimming... you just might be an olympian yet!