Monday, March 01, 2010

Checking out the Olympic sites

So last week, mummy, daddy, my auntie Leasa, Meagen, Craig, Tessa and me all headed into Vancouver to see "Canada". I got to have my very first skytrain ride and I was very interested in where the wheels were and how it worked. I really wanted to look out the window but the train was very busy with people who also wanted to see Canada.
When we got there it was very crowded but we managed to see some of the sites and get some pictures of the cauldron (of course somehow my pictures are no longer on my camera nor on my computer). We visited the Saskatchewan Pavilion and got a real live picture of us transported to the field with the Roughrider mascot. We also tried to stand in line to get into the Bay to buy some souvenirs but the line ups were very long so instead we headed to a Park near the Seawall and run around and check out the rocks.
All along our journey we heard people yelling "Go Canada Go" so I decided to get in on the action and yelled back in reply "What the hell!" After daddy explained that wasn't what I should say I chanted "Go Canada Go" while Craig raced me up the streets in my stroller.
Mummy says the Olympics are over now and that our athletes did really well and that maybe one day if I work hard I can go the the Olympics too.

No comments: