Monday, October 16, 2006

Can you say SLEEP!

My mommy has decided that I need to learn to sleep properly. I have been refusing to follow any kind of sleep regime and now my mommy has threatened to let me cry it out. I don't like to cry but when i do it seems to a) either have my mommy and daddy come running to pick me up and give me lovin or b) they make funny faces at me or c) and this is the one that I hate, I get more and more upset cause they are trying to teach me a lesson. I really would like to fall asleep and stay asleep but I can't seem to get the hang of it. I heard my mommy say that she is witless and she can't figure me out. Mommy is also pretty sure that I understand everything that she says about my lack of cooperation regarding sleep and you know what I DO! I am going to try my hardest to get this sleep thing under control cause I don't like waking up all the time and staggering around drunkenly in my bed at night. Mommy was spying on me one night and she said that i must be a monkey cause i was making music on my crib and throwing things. Aunty Kim says that mommy and daddy make monkey noises too!

We went to Babytime today and got to introduce my new friend Carson. His mommy and mine work at City Hall together and Carson is going to be my neighbour when we move to our new house. I have volunteered to teach him everything that I know and he seems to be catching on cause I heard his mommy say that he only likes to sleep in her arms too! It's so nice to have mommy's who love us (oops and daddy's too).



Well my little turkey has been caught in the act of sleeping (I think he is trying to prove me wrong that he has sleep issues). Of course this would be is second attempt at sleeping today cause the first one lasted only 50 minutes and some of it was in the car ride home from babytime. I am hoping that we can settle the sleep problems before i have to go back to work so if anyone has any suggestions short of drugs, electrotherapy, singing loudly while rocking back and forth and lobotomies then please let me know.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jacob, why won't you sleep for your Mommy?! That would be so nice of you!

I don't have any tips. sorry. Owen is just a sleeper. Mind you, he skipped both naps today. Hmmmmm...

I don't know what to try that won't drive you crazy. Have you looked online?

Kaelen's Mama said...

Jacob don't worry my Mom and Dad had to let me "Cry it out" so that I would sleep to. It's not very fun but my Mom just puts me in my bed and closes the door. Now I do a 10am nap a 2pm nap and at night I sleep from 7pm-7am. "Cry it out" works for me after about 3-4days of consistancy I stop fussing when Mom puts me down and I just go to sleep like a good girl should.

Kaelen's Mama said...

Also Try the Book. "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child" We used the Cry it Out principles from this book.