Thursday, October 26, 2006

Sweet Sounds

Yup today I will write in Jacob's journal as the day that he verbally acknowledged his mommy. On October 25th he finally said "mumma". I wasn't really sure if I had heard correctly cause we were at our playdate but then he said it again and it was definitely mumma. When I told Steve he was a little skeptical but then when he was feeding him his dinner he said it again and now it is true. Of course it is not really his first word as he said "meow" in early October but he was talking to the cat so it doesn't really count.
Today we also went to the Pumpkin patch with all our friends and picked out a great pumpkin to carve. We are not sure what it will be yet but Jacob is sure to help clean the guts out (and possibly taste test them too.)
Everyday I am amazed at how quickly he is learning new things such as walking, talking, dancing and chewing the big people food. I am also amazed at the things that he is learning that make us laugh even though we don't always agree on what he's learning such as climbing the stairs everytime our backs are turned, squirming out of his highchair, standing up in the tub, and smiling at us when we tell him "NO" and continuing to do what he's not suppossed to be doing. He's a challenge but we have decided to keep him anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice job with the "mumma", Jacob! mummy is amazed you can climb stairs already, and is hoping you won't teach me. (however, i would like to learn please!)

Amy said...

Doesn't it just melt your heart when they call you?! Owen used to say Mama really loud when he was mad at me. Nice, eh? But now he says it if he is looking for me. Mind you, I don't ever get to hear it, becuase I cam out of the room. But people tell me he is calling for me. He said Papa last night and Gabe was thrilled! He has actually been saying Papa all morning.

And I love that group picture - not one of the kids is looking at the camera. How great! And that picture of Jacob is so cute - he looks like a pirate with his hat open like that!