Friday, January 26, 2007

A few of my favourite things

Well mummy has gone back to work for real now and so I get to spend three days with my Grandmas and it has been lots of fun. They come over to my house and then we get to play together or sometimes I will go and meet my one Grandma at my cousins house. That's fun too cause I get to walk to school with them. Anyway, while mummy has been gone I have been learning a few things such as the sounds animals make. I especially like the "MOO" animal and luckily they are everywhere in my house. Sometimes I even moo at the cats to see if they can make the same noise, so far they only meow. I am also working on "woof, woof", "quack","neigh", "he-ha" and "cluck, cluck". I figure I should have all the animals covered so that if I ever meet some live ones I can talk to them.
I have also come up with a very entertaining form of play. I will find a container or bucket and put it over my mouth and face and wander around the house very quickly and try not to walk into things. My parents find this vastly amusing so I will continue to entertain them.
My other fun thing to do involves mealtime. To keep mummy on her toes and to see if she is paying attention I like to put food into my mouth and then spit it out all over my chin and then take the rest of the food off my tray and drop it one by one onto the floor. She is usually giving me a funny look and saying something that sounds like "Brat" (but i say it like Bwat so I'm not really sure if that is what she is saying). I can do this every meal and it never gets tiring. I really like to do it to foods that I have been known to like cause then mummy and daddy never know what I will eat. I have even tried this out on my Grandmas!
I have also discovered that in town there are some really big bathtubs that tons of people can swim in. Mummy and Daddy and I went to one last Sunday and I even got to keep my clothes on in this bath. Mummy also brought along a really fun seat to sit in so I could float and kick my legs without getting my head wet. They also have lots of different tubs in this place and one of them takes you on a ride. I liked that one and so did mummy and daddy cause they were having a squirt toy fight with water over my head (sometimes they missed each other and squirted me)
Mummy told me that today I get to try out another fun thing called Skating and she really hopes I like it cause she plans to take me every week.

4 comments:

Amy said...

SO much fun! Jacob you are a luck boy!

Heather said...

wow Jacob. You've been very busy learning new things! I do that food game too with my mom...and it's interesting to note that earlier on, like a couple of months ago, my mom would just sigh...but now she's getting more vocal and saying NO. I like how riled up she's getting so I think I'll keep it up for a while!

Butchess said...

wow that floaty toy looks great!! sounds like you've been doing lots of fun, one year old kid stuff!

sheri hall said...

the diaper and bucket on the head is a great look, good Halloween costume might be a little cold but those meaty thighs will hold up.