Well I got to visit that exciting place called Emergency again last night. But this time didn't involve any torture devices inflicted upon me as I wasn't sick for this visit. Mummy and daddy took me cause the bandage they put on didn't help my owie.
It all happened at that dangerous time called dinner! I was sitting ever so nicely in my chair eating my yummy ham when all of a sudden I moved and daddy thought that maybe my fingers got stuck between the arms of my chair and the table. Mummy kissed my fingers better but that didn't help and even her magical cuddles didn't help. So after much deliberation that maybe I was tired and clingy, my parents thought that giving me a shower would make me feel better. So up we went but when daddy tried to take my shirt off I winced and cried more so that clued in my parents that something wasn't kosher. They tried to ask me where it hurt so they could put a nice blue bandage on but they weren't sure when they put it on my elbow. At this point daddy said that maybe I had dislodged my elbow socket as apparently one of my siblings had this happen when she was young too. So off we go to emergency to visit the nice doctor who would fix me up . We didn't have to wait too long and mummy brought my book and doodle pad to amuse me. Finally the doctor saw me and asked mummy to take my shirt off and then he touched my elbow and made it feel all better. 10 minutes later I was all ready to go home and get a good nights sleep.
Daddy has said that if this should happen next time that maybe he could apply his vast medical knowledge himself and put my elbow back together. Yup I don't think mummy will let him but we'll let him think he can!
P.S a note to all you other kids, apparentaly this elbow can pop out quite easily at this age and is quite easy to pop back in again with a little medical help (not daddy help).
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
according to my daddy, knees can pop out easily at our age too...and he has the traumatic memories to prove it!
thanks for the heads-up tho...i'll keep my eyes open for this dangerous dinner-time!!
yikes! don't worry, we won't be trying that at home...glad you're doing fine jacob!
Oh poor Jacob! Sorry to hear this little man - We're glad to hear you survived (you too Karen!)
Post a Comment