Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking some classes

So now that I'm 3 I get to do things that 2 yr olds can't do. One of those things is I get to take skating classes. Mummy registered me in her skating class and every Thursday, daddy takes me to the rink where I skate on the ice with 20 other kids and we are all expected to listen to mummy and the other 2 teachers (Dennis & Melissa). Now this is kinda a new concept to me cause even though I go skating with mummy once a week and she teaches me stuff, I never had so many other little kids like me on the ice listening to mummy too. I'm doing really well with the skating part but I sometimes have a difficult time with the listening part so I tend to wander off and chat with the other kids, or pretend that I'm a fish and try to swim on the ice or (don't tell mummy)I poke holes in the ice. Now you would think with that many kids on the ice mummy wouldn't see me when I'm not listening but she's really good at keeping all the kids in line and tells all of us "there will be no candies" if we don't listen. I think she means it!


Now that I'm 3 I also get to go to "school "and "not just walk my cousin to school and check out her class school". Mummy and I went to 2 different schools and found the one that we like best. Now this doesn't seem like the same class that my cousin Meagen goes too cause for one thing there are toys everywhere and they even have trains! Plus we get to draw, paint, sing songs, play in sandboxes inside, have snack time, gym time and I hear we even get Library time. The only thing that seems the same as my cousins class is the sitting in the circle and listening to a teacher thing. But that doesn't seem that hard cause she has fun things for us to do like help her with the stickies and she reads stories to us. Best of all, mummy gets to play in the class too and some of my friends even go to the classes with their mummy's too.


This has been a pretty fun month so far and mummy tells me that i get to start my swimming lessons next week too. I think being 3 is going to be "cool".

1 comment:

Butchess said...

sounds like you are pretty busy these days Jacob - three year olds sure get to learn a lot of neat stuff!