Sunday, January 03, 2010

Christmas & New Year festivities

It has been very hectic the last couple weeks because of it being Christmas and New Years so mummy hasn't really had the chance to catch up so i have taken it upon myself to let you in on what has been going on.

Well after all the threats by my parents I guess Santa must have decided that I was on the nice list cause I scored on the presents. Not only did Santa bring me trains like i asked for but he also brought me a station to park them at and i can be the announcer. Now it could have been that I really was on the naughty list but I believe that Santa was moved by the fact that i left him not only 2 cookies but also chocolate milk and a carrot. He must have been impressed cause he ate all but one bite of the second cookie and drank his milk and Rudolph even left carrot crumbs outside our door.
I also must have been really good cause mummy and daddy bought me all sorts of cool lego toys and trucks and so did my grandparents and aunts and uncles. I am also now set up to do crafts of all sorts from play-do to painting and then if i get exhausted from all the playing i can sit quietly and read some of the great books that I got. Then before bedtime I can rock the house down with my new guitar and microphone. I must say this being being on the nice list instead of the naughty ones has great perks!



Now don't get me wrong, Christmas wasn't all about the toys cause we also got to see all the family and spend some time with friends (who concidentally also got me a Diego train set). I got to spend time with my uncle David who i don't get to see much and then to make the holidays complete we even managed to get some snow time before our big New years eve sledding trip.

Now i really like snow and have been wanting to make a fort but on this day I wasn't so much enthralled with the white stuff like mummy was and so after getting all bundled up i melted down and went back inside only to sit by the window and watch the 'igloo' progression. When I deemed it was time to come back out and help with the final steps I got all bundled up again and helped with the scraping of the inside walls of our super fort. Unfortunately the weather being a might tempermental, we only got to spend one day with our fort before mother nature melted her away along with our 3 snowmen.



But that wasn't all the snow we got to have fun in cause New Years eve we trekked out to "Karen Creek" near Hope and together with my aunt and 2 uncles and mummy and daddy we went tobogganing down a hill filled with lots of bumps and lots of fluffy snow. Now you might wonder after my last experience sledding if I felt a little apprehensive and i did just a tiny bit but mummy wouldn't let me sit on the sidelines and so I forged ahead and down the hill i went (but no solo). We had lots of fun and even tried to make a train but daddy didn't navigate too well and the train crashed. We had lots of fun though when we decided to throw some snowballs and eat (my diet also included some tasty snow).



After sledding we headed back to Hope to have a great feast with my grandparents and some of my aunts friends and play games and eat some more. The best part was we got to have a sleepover and then a really yummy breakfast the next morning before we headed home and officially ended the Christmas holidays.


But don't feel sad for me cause my parents tell me that my birthday is in another week and I get to have my party next Sunday with all my family and guess what?
I GET MORE PRESENTS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I concur with your conclusion that snow is a lot of fun... especially when thrown or eaten!

Happy New Year, buddy! x